Skip to main content

Talk to us: 0333 004 4488 |

Lasting Power of Attorney & Court of Protection

Should the worst happen, we make sure your affairs are handled by someone you trust.

Talk to us

In this section

Circumstances often change quickly and it's wise to start thinking now about who you want to manage your personal and financial affairs should you prove unable to do so.

We are experts in what we do and can help you create an effective Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) that allows you to nominate someone you trust to handle your personal and financial affairs.

When making a Lasting Power of Attorney is not possible as the person does not have sufficient capacity to give instructions, you need to make a Court of Protection application. This allows you to appoint a Deputy to look after their personal and financial affairs, which we can guide you through.

Our expertise

Our award-winning team includes lawyers who are highly experienced in drawing up Lasting Powers of Attorney and handling complex Court of Protection matters.

We can help you make Property and Financial Affairs LPAs (allowing your attorney(s) to deal with your finances should you become mentally incapable of doing so) and Health and Welfare LPAs (allowing your attorney(s) to make welfare and healthcare decisions on your behalf should the need arise).

We can also register LPAs at the Office of the Public Guardian (making it a legally binding document) and cancel them at any time (assuming you are still mentally capable of making this decision).

Our lawyers also offer advice and assistance in making applications to the Court of Protection on behalf of an incapacitated person, help with associated will, tax planning and gift matters as well as assist you with applications required to deal with issues where there is an incapacitated trustee.

We act for individuals and families and we’re especially experienced in representing elderly clients.

Related insights

Talk to us

Loading form...