BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU ACCEPT OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE SET OUT BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
This website is provided by Brabners LLP, a limited liability partnership, authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number 420634. Our VAT Number is 125 4890 08. Members of Brabners LLP will be referred to as partners and a list of partners is available at the offices below. If you need any information about this website or any of our services please contact us by one of the methods shown below.
Address: Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool, L2 3YL United Kingdom
DX: 14118 Liverpool
T: 0151 600 3000
F: 0151 227 3185
Address: 55 King Street Manchester M2 4LQ United Kingdom
T: 0161 836 8800
F: 0161 836 8801
Address: 7-8 Chapel Street, Preston, PR1 8AN United Kingdom
DX: 17118 Preston
T: 01772 823921
F: 01772 201918
All solicitors are bound by rules of professional conduct. You can access the professional conduct rules to which Brabners LLP are bound by visiting the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Ownership of materials and licence terms.
This website and the materials on it are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The materials on this website are owned by or are licensed to Brabners LLP. You are permitted to display the materials on this website on a computer screen and to download and print a hard copy for your personal use provided you do not alter or remove, any of the content or any part of the website and that you do not change or delete any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices.
You agree not to:
- use any of the materials on this website for commercial exploitation without our prior written consent;
- use any content or any part of the website for any purpose or in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression of Brabners LLP, its partners, staff or services.
- establish a link to this website from any other website, intranet or extranet site without our prior written consent; or
- do anything that may interfere with or disrupt this website or our services.
This website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the whole or any part of the website at any time without notice and without incurring any liability.
Links from this website.
We may, from time to time, provide links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
Accuracy of information.
We take care to ensure that all information available on our website about our firm, our services and events is accurate. However, these are continually developing and, occasionally, the information may be out of date. The law and commercial practice change frequently and the content of any newsletters and other items offering guidance have been prepared for general interest only and are not a substitute for specific legal advice and should not be read or used as such. Occasionally events and speakers may be cancelled or changed at short notice and you should not rely on details on this website when making arrangements to attend. For accurate up-to-date information you should contact our marketing department directly.
BRABNERS LLP DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS OR VIRUSES AND BRABNERS LLP ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH MATERIAL.NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE PAGES OF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR AN OFFER TO PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES. DETAILED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED BEFORE TAKING OR REFRAINING FROM ANY ACTION BASED ON ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE.Use of this Website outside England and Wales.
Use of this Website outside England and Wales.
Brabners LLP makes no claim or representation that any or all of the content may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales and unless otherwise specifically stated, the content is directed solely at users who access this website from England and Wales. IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE ENGLAND OR WALES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WHERE:
(A) THERE IS NO BREACH OF A LEGAL DUTY OF CARE OWED TO YOU BY US;
(B) THE LOSS OR DAMAGE IS NOT A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE RESULT OF ANY SUCH BREACH; OR
(C) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTS FROM A BREACH BY YOU OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS OUR LIABILITY FOR FRAUD OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you use the website after the new Terms and Conditions have come into effect any further use of the website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law and each of us hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Client Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. We would always want our clients to raise any concerns a soon as practicable with the member of staff who is undertaking their work.
However we accept that there may be occasions when the member of staff is unable to resolve your complaint or you may feel it is sufficiently serious that you want a more senior member of the firm to investigate this matter on your behalf.
If you have a complaint which you feel has not been dealt with satisfactorily by the member of staff concerned, please contact the Head of Department for the member of staff concerned with the details. If you are uncertain who the Head of Department is, our switchboard can provide you with the name.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- The Head of Department will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve a review your matter file and a discussion with the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Head of Department will consider whether the matter can be dealt with more informally, for example, by correspondence or telephone, or whether a meeting with you is required. If so, we will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 15 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of any meeting, the Head of Department will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions s/he has agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should then write to the Senior/Complaints Partner as soon as possible who will arrange to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, you may be able to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman will normally only deal with complaints from members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts. Please contact the Ombudsman direct to clarify whether he will consider your complaint. Your complaint must be normally made to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of your receiving our final decision on your complaint. You may contact the Legal Ombudsman at:
Office of the Legal Ombudsman
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.