The team has deep understanding of the complexity of converting, the associated documentation and the timescale involved.
We advise on the following aspects of academy conversion:
- The declaration of interest and application to the Department of Education
- Setting up the academy trust
- Consultation with teachers, parents, pupils and other stakeholders
- The transfer of staff
- The Funding Agreement and Commercial Transfer Agreement
- The assignment of existing contracts
- The duties of Governors
- Property transfers and leases.
We have converted a number of schools to academies in the North West, and have experience of advising community schools, foundation schools and schools with a religious designation. Once the conversion has been completed, the school will be independent of the local authority and may have a number of requirements for legal support.
We offer the following services post conversion:
- Governance support and training
- Employment law and pensions advice
- Property advice
- Regulatory compliance advice, such as health and safety matters
- Advice in respect of the safeguarding of children
- Advice on data protection and freedom of information
- Commercial and contracts advice.
If you'd like to learn how Brabners can help with your academy conversion, contact our team today.